Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Outskirts: (The Outskirts Duet Book 1) ~ T.M. Frazier



The swamp is about to get a whole lot HOTTER. 

After a tragedy, Finn Hollis escapes
into the swamp to be alone. 
That is until Sawyer Dixon shows up, 
all SCORCHING HOT innocence, 
claiming she owns the land less than 
fifty feet from his front door. 

Sawyer gets under his SKIN, but even worse? 
She makes him CRAVE things. 
Things Finn hasn’t thought about in a very VERY long time. 

Finn WANTS Sawyer gone.
Almost as much as he wants her in his BED.


Another great story by TM Frazier. I really liked this book and I liked that it was different than her dark reads I already fell in love with. The characters and the story were so well written. I just fell in love with them. Well most of them. There was a couple characters I wanted to punch in the face.....but I digress.

Finn is hidden away in his little swamp with his broken heart and terrible attitude. I love that Sawyer knocks him on his butt and she doesn't even realize she did. The determined and free girl that Sawyer has become is inspiring and just makes me so proud of her. She makes Finn a better person. She makes others around her better. 

Besides being amazingly hot, Fin is super sentimental and emotional, but don't let him hear that I told you that. He needs you to believe he's mean and scary. You know, so he can stay ostracized from everyone and have a pity party of one. On a serious note, the traumatic events he went through are nothing to scoff at. I don't know how I would have reacted to a situation like his, but at the same time, I know he should be blaming himself. Which is all he does. 

Like I said, I love what Sawyer brings out of everyone and how she brings people together. I love that Finn is finally able to be scared again, but because of the feelings he has that he hasn't in a long time. What I did not like was that twist at the end there, which I kept flipping the page and thinking, "No. It can't be done yet." Well played TM. Well played.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...